Super Bowl Sunday is here. Even though house parties are off the table this year, cheesy snacks are definitely not. We’ve got nine recipe ideas—from wings to dips to pizza—that’ll satisfy you and your bubble all day long (even if you’re not actually watching the game).
In other cheese news:
- Have you found your astrological cheese soulmate yet? We took the liberty of pairing each Zodiac sign with their cheesy match according to common traits and tendencies. Check to see which kindred wedge you should be spending V-Day with here.
- Plenty of creameries have released seasonal cheeses to celebrate Valentine’s Day—and most of them are selling out fast. Don’t wait to order one of these limited-edition treats for your special at-home date night, galentine’s session, or solo me-time.
- In case you missed it: The Good Food Foundation presented its 11th annual awards last month, and, as always, cheese was a competitive category. Out of 38 finalists, three winners were selected from each region of the US: North, South, East, West, and Central. Browse the winning wheels and wedges here.
- Cypress Grove is adding another wheel to its lineup tomorrow. Brand-new Little Giant is a small bloomy rind cheese made from goat’s milk—perfect for mini cheese plates or single-serve indulgences.
- Grating that extra cheese on your pasta is about to get a little pricier. According to experts, parmesan prices are expected to skyrocket later this year as a lingering result of the pandemic, which has sent milk prices through a whirlwind of highs and lows in recent months. Consumers might have already noticed these price changes in fresher cheeses like mozzarella, but now that cheeses like parmesan have finished aging, their price tags will be noticeably impacted as well.
- In vegan cheese news: A university professor at Biofilms Research Center for Biointerfaces is working on a new plant-based milk that could create a more nutrient-dense and flavorful cheese for dairy-free consumers. “We can add things in the milk which are good for the body, such as vitamins and minerals which are lacking in a vegan diet,” says professor Marité Cárdenas.
- Disney World’s Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew is serving up a new grilled cheese for park-goers to enjoy—with doughnuts instead of bread. “It’s comfort food, it’s nostalgic, and it’s the king of variations when it comes to sandwiches,” Managing Director Mike Crave told Simplemost. We can’t argue with that.
- Everyone on #FoodTikTok has probably run into the latest feta pasta trend multiple times by now—made with roasted cherry tomatoes, garlic, and a whole block of feta. If that recipe has inspired you to incorporate more feta into your meals, we’ve got another easy pasta dish, a simple salad, and a classic shakshuka recipe to keep the Mediterranean vibes flowing in your kitchen.
- In our experience, chocolate cravings in February are as common as cold weather. Aid your sweet tooth this month with these easy chocolate recipes to enjoy with your loved one, roommates—or just during some much-needed me time.