Homemade Salmon Scallion Butter
This is a perfect brunch butter to serve alongside bagels or atop omelets.
- 2 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped scallions
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- In food processor fitted with a chopping blade, pulse salmon and scallions until very finely chopped. Add butter and water; pulse several times to blend, scraping down sides in between.
- After blending the butter and seasonings, let the mixture stand for an hour at room temperature, allowing the flavors to develop. Taste, and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Wrap the flavored butter well in plastic wrap, waxed paper, or parchment paper to protect its freshness, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- A food processor or electric mixer is helpful for blending all the ingredients quickly. If you have neither, the flavoring ingredients can be finely chopped with a knife, and everything may be mixed by hand, using a wooden spoon, until well blended.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/